Brampton Caledon Community Living has an opening for a full-time Resource Consultants to work within the Early Childhood Education Service. The successful candidates will work with young children with special needs and their families to ensure positive, inclusive, early childhood experiences. The successful candidates will assist children to have supportive relationships and learning opportunities within the preschool setting. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, committed to the vision of Brampton Caledon Community Living, the values of community living, and is able to work as a part of a team.
- Support community childcare programs to provide inclusive early learning and social opportunities for all children by liaising with parents, early childhood educators and other professionals.
- Assist in building the capacity and education opportunities for early childhood educators in the community.
- Developing and implementing support plans to meet the children’s developmental milestones.
- Assisting families to access social and financial resources and to develop natural networks within the community.
- Support and facilitate transition to the school system.
- Candidates must have a degree or diploma in Early Childhood Education with a year of advanced studies in children with special needs.
- Must be a registered member of the College of Early Childhood Educators (RECE).
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to express and present oneself in a professional manner; strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work in a team environment and be self-motivated.
- Valid driver’s license Class G and a reliable car.
- Acceptable Driver’s Abstract and personal liability car insurance.
- An up-to-date, Clear Police Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR & CPI.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Proficiency in Computer skills.
- 2 – 3 years related experience.
Interested candidates are to e-mail a cover letter stating why they think they would be suitable for this position and their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Job I.D. RC18 in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Brampton Caledon Community Living (BCCL) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves. BCCL promotes the principles of diversity and equity and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Click the following link to download the job posting: http://www.bramptoncaledoncl.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Resource-Consultant.pdf