PART TIME COMMUNITY LIVING SUPPORT WORKERS
Brampton Caledon Community Living is an organization that supports individuals with an intellectual disability in partnership with their families and the community to lead enriched and meaningful lives. Presently we are looking for:
Part Time Community Living Support Workers
Various shifts are available including “Weekends Only”
We are looking for caring and responsive support workers who have experience with supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities. The position requires someone who will support individuals to achieve personal goals and facilitate relationships, skills and roles, which promote his/her valued and effective participation in the life of community.
- Establish respectful relationships with individuals which recognize their rights as citizens; and promote their dignity and well-being.
- Promote and demonstrate the values of the organization in the workplace and in the community.
- Develop and/or implement support agreements to achieve personal outcomes by using Personal Outcomes Measures.
- Assist individuals to develop decision-making skills and exercise choices.
- Facilitate the development of social networks, lifestyles for people, promoting the involvement of family, community groups, employers and others in the community.
- Support individuals to participate in the cultural, recreational, educational activities and affairs of the community.
- Provide supports in the home, ensuring a clean, safe and enhancing environment.
- Plan and prepare nutritional meals, administer medication and assist with personal care as necessary.
- DSW, SSW or a related diploma/degree from an accredited community college or university.
- Valid driver’s license Class G and reliable car are required.
- Clean current driver’s abstract.
- An up-to-date, Clear Police Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR; CPI is required.
- Flexible schedule, strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Commitment to the goals and vision of Brampton Caledon Community Living.
- Knowledge of Social Role Valorization and Personal Outcome Measures.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Must have 2 – 3 years related experience.
Interested candidates are to e-mail their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with PTSW in the subject line.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Brampton Caledon Community Living (BCCL) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves. BCCL promotes the principles of diversity and equity and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Human Resources Department for assistance.
Click the following link to download the job posting: http://www.bramptoncaledoncl.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Part-Time-Community-Living-Support-Worker.pdf